Exchange 2010 SP3 broke my SBS 2011 RWW

So while updating some client environments with the Exchange SP3 we have found that there have been many unexpected problems.  This is the worst we have seen in a while with respect to Windows updates breaking previously working machines.

1. RWW stopped working with a series of 500 or 400 page errors.

2.  Cannot connect to desktops using the CONNECT button

 

Solution for 1: Cannot access SBS 2011 Remote Workspace

Errors we encountered:

500 – Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

SOLUTION:

We found an article in the TechNet forum area where someone mentioned they resolved things by changing file permissions to include: READ+Execute for Autenticated Users.

Here are the two files we added READ+Execute to,

a. C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Sync\Bin\AirFilter.dll

b.  C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa\auth\owaauth.dll

Hope this Assists you.

 

Solution for 2: Cannot access Office Desktop using SBS 2011 RWW using the CONNECT button

SOLUTION:

We set the Cache size limits for Exchange’s Store.exe process so as to prevent it from being greedy and causing SBS issues.  On an independent Exchange server this may not be required however on SBS 2011 it can interfere with the proper operations of the RWW.

Use this link to get the details on where to make the changes:

http://www.kbcloud.com/Microsoft-Exchange-Server/Limit-Exchange-2010-2007-Store.exe-Memory-Usage-on-a-Windows-Small-Business-Server-2011-2008.html

 

Comments are closed.